Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Reasoning of the Law

Yvette Friedman was not a stereotypical, uptight lawyer. She was very calm and even laughed a bit with some of the questions I had. She asked me at first what school I went to and I told her. She then said that she understood why I had to take this class. When I started to ask the questions that I had for her she referenced most of my questions if it was pertaining to art.

She definitely knew what she was talking about in most senses and told me if she couldn't answer them due to being too technical. I feel like she was definitely answering the questions as honestly as she could without being too over technical or analytical. Yvette used terms that I could understand and most possibly comprehend with the fact that I was still learning and she had been doing this for quite a long time.

Talking to Yvette, I realized that talking to a lawyer does not always have to be a bad thing. In fact once we got started with the Q&A it was quite refreshing. She was pleasant, had a lot of knowledge and was as helpful as she possibly could be. I honestly thought that I would get someone that would be a robot, or someone that sounded like they were reading the answers from some big law book in the sky. At the end of our conversation, Yvette said, " If you ever need a lawyer, come to see me." There it was, the whole reason behind all of the answers in which she had. She was looking for clientele. Honestly, I will probably use her if I need a lawyer because of the great conversation she and I had.